FIRST ARRIVING NETWORK
First Arriving Network
Powered by the First Arriving Network, Reaching 1M+ First Responders Worldwide

Raw video: Historic Seaford, DE hardware store burns. Owners are volunteers who fought the fire.

Click here to follow STATter911.com on Facebook (hit “like”) 

Click here for still pictures at Fire In the Hole Photography

Video by  at Fire In the Hole Photography of a fire on Monday Night at Burton Brothers Hardware in Seaford, Delaware (Sussex County). Ron and Ric Marvel are co-owners of the business and fought the blaze as members of the Seaford Volunteer Fire Department. Burton Brothers has been around since 1893 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. 

James Fisher & Robin Brown, The News Journal:

A blaze that heavily damaged Burton Bros. Hardware Store, a Delaware institution on High Street in Seaford, caused $500,000 damage and sent one injured firefighter to a burn center for treatment, investigators reported today.

Co-owner Ron Marvel, 62, said the firefighter taken to the Crozer-Chester Burn Center in Upland, Pa., was his brother and co-owner Ric Marvel, 58. He said his brother was suffering from smoke inhalation, and went first to Nanticoke hospital, then to Crozer-Chester.

“I drove the first engine in here,” said Ron Marvel. Both brothers belong to the Seaford Volunteer Fire Department, which is just a couple of blocks away from the store.

Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.

Comments - Add Yours

  • He

    I watched and listened for 1 minute and 44 seconds. I’ll bet that interior team really appreciated the deck gun in the window. Oh, and if I may,,,,another White Helmet setting a poor example, they are getting really good at it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!