Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
Human error caused a gas explosion that destroyed an Ephrata apartment building Friday.
According to Lincoln Fire Chief Randy Gockley, a maintenance man working on a furnace at Garden Court Apartments, 845 Dawn Ave., capped the wrong end of a gas line.
"That allowed gas to leak into the void space between the first and second floors," Gockley said. "He then went to light the pilot light at the furnace, and that ignited the gas, which was up at the ceiling level and in the void space, and created the explosion."
The maintenance man "was very fortunate" that he got out unscathed, Gockley said.