Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.
Above is video by neighbor Jacob Norton of a December 15 fire in a garage on Bryan Street in Wenatchee, Washington. Firefighter Glenn Smith was on the line when the two explosions occurred.
The fire, which destroyed the garage and a vehicle inside, happened inside a garage that was used to store black powder by a person who was a hobbyist in pyrotechnics. The man, a resident of the home at 140 S. Franklin St., had been doing metal work inside the garage shortly before the fire was reported, (Fire Marshal Mark) Yaple said.
The man was building a machine that would make fireworks, but he was not actually making fireworks in the garage. Yaple said the small amount of black powder in the garage was legal. He estimated the amount at less than 5 pounds.
Propane tanks were also stored inside the garage, and it was not known whether the black powder or a propane tank cause the explosion that engulfed Smith.