Our first pictures of Saturday’s dedication of Engine 17 in DC come from Bobby Drevo, via email from Chief Emeritus Donald “Doc” Moltrup of the Hyattsville VFD.
Family, friends and fellow firefighters from DC, Maryland, Pennsylvania and elsewhere watched as the recently remodeled firehouse at 1227 Monroe Street, NE officially became the Jackson H. Gerhart House.
We hope to add more pictures later today.
The picture below comes from the files of Chief Moltrup. It shows Jack, then deputy chief at Hyattsville, with Doc (removing the fan from Truck 1).