House fire last night in Missouri. Video from Sedalia.

Read about the fire in the Sedalia Democrat

Two parts of a video from a fire last night at Deer Lake Estates outside of Sedalia Missouri. News reports indicate the fire started in the flue of a wood stove and that the homeowners initially tried to extinguish it. Firefighters from Pettis County, Green Ridge and Cole Camp were on the scene.

The fire apparently attracted the attention of a lot of drivers on nearby Highway 65 where cars were pulled over to the side of the road so people could see the blaze.

The video was done by the webmaster of a site called There are further details on that site and a bit of back and forth in the comments between a firefighter and the webmaster over how the incident was reported.