EMS TopicsNewsVideos

Early video: House fire in Napier, New Zealand. Man critically burned.

One man was critically burned in this house fire on Friday in Napier, New Zealand. Here is more from TVNZ:

The man received full-thickness burns to his upper body and was in an induced coma, Hawke’s Bay Today reported.

A blaze broke out at the three-flat property on Shakespeare Rd about 2.30pm.

The cause of the blaze had not been confirmed but Napier fire station officer Peter Draper said it was a possible cooking fire.

(Neighbor David) Hodges saw the man, in his 20s, smash his way out of the address with the “skin all peeled back on his arms” and cuts and burns to his neck and head.

Related Articles

Back to top button