Video from nofire504 as firefighters go to work Firday morning at a building that has been vacant since Hurricane Katrina.
The 3-alarm fire that ripped through an abandoned Mid-City building early Friday morning (March 15) is under investigation, a spokesman for the New Orleans Fire Department said. The two-story building near the intersection of Bienville and North Broad streets had been scheduled for demolition Friday and with no signs of any utilities running in the building at the time of the blaze, investigators were unsure what might have caused the fire, said NOFD Assistant Superintendent Timothy McConnell.
“With no power to the building and no gas to the building, it’s always suspicious at that point,” McConnell said. Investigators were on the scene trying to determine what caused the fire, although no one is considered a suspect at the time, McConnell said.
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.