Reporters and photographers were evacuated briefly from the West Wing of the White House early Saturday because of smoke from an overheated transformer in a mechanical room.
President Barack Obama and his family were not affected by the incident, according to the White House.
U.S. Secret Service spokesman Max Milien said that at about 7 a.m., smoke was seen coming from a mechanical room closet on the first floor.
Reporters were evacuated from the White House on Saturday morning after an overheated transformer drew fire trucks to the West Wing.
“The transformer problem was quickly resolved. Electricity and personnel access to the West Wing has returned to normal,” a White House official said in a statement to Reuters. “The First Family was unaffected.”
Do you want to sell a rig? Click HERE to find out how with SellFireTrucks.com.