News

Breaking news: No evidence of shooting in search at Washington Navy Yard

Listen live to DC Fire and EMS Department

WUSA-TV is reporting as of 8:55 a.m. ET the DC Fire and EMS Department says there have been no injuries in the incident at the Washington Navy yard that has been going on for more than an hour. According to reporter Bruce Johnson, there was a report of shots fired that sparked this activity, but that so far there is no confirmation that there was gunfire and no shooters scene.

CBS News quotes Police Chief Cathy Lanier as saying nothing has been found so far during the intensive search.

Various news sources indicate this search is starting to wind down.

The Washington Post:

The Washington Navy Yard was on lockdown Thursday as police responded to a report of a shooter at the facility, authorities said.

The call came in about 7:40 a.m. and police immediately flooded the area, the scene a 2013 shooting that left a dozen people dead. Few details were immediately available on the latest report.

The U.S. Navy retweeted a message from their Washington district office saying “no incident can be confirmed as of yet.”

The Associated Press, citing an official, said shots have been reported in a building.


LATEST TWEETS FIRST

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close