Early video from compaq2441 taken during a January 19 fire on Fairfax Street in Warrenton, Virginia.
According to Sam Myers, Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company chief, the fire appeared to start on the front porch from a heating blanket in a small pet igloo for an outdoor cat. The extreme wind accelerated the fire and pushed it up into the attic of the home.
“It’s not your typical fire,” Myers said. “The gust caught the fire and made it so big, so quick.”
Emergency crews from Fauquier County and the Warrenton Volunteer Fire Company were among the first on the scene with significant fire already showing through the roof and the sides of the home, according to radio reports.