Fireground AudioFiresVideos

Early video & radio traffic from ‘doozy’ of a house fire in Cheektowaga, NY

Early video & radio traffic from Don Murtha (Erie County New York Incidents) at house fire yesterday (Saturday) afternoon in Cheektowaga, New York (Erie County). The fire injured two firefighters. One received an electrical shock and the other was hurt when the ceiling fell in.

The Buffalo News:

“It was a doozy,” said Cleveland Hill Volunteer Fire Company Chief Joe Lewis.

The fire started on the right side of the duplex at 3 Brookhaven, went into the attic and spread across to the apartment on the left side of the house. No one was home at the time the fire was discovered shortly after 2 p.m., although firefighters did rescue a dog from one of the apartments.

“It was very hard to fight the fire because it was up in the attic,” Lewis said.

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close