FiresMust SeeVideos

Caught on camera: Fire sends workers scrambling off of boom in Idaho

Click here if video above fails to play


Two construction workers had to jump to safety after a welding blanket caught fire on a scissor lift basket at the new Simplot headquarters in downtown Boise.

Boise Fire says the construction workers were treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns, but were released on scene.

“They were on the lift and it was a long ways for them to be able to make it over to the side of the building to jump off,” Boise Fire safety spokesman Jason Lewis said. “Workers on the ground level were able to swing the boom over so it was closer to jump from the lift to the sixth floor.”

Related Articles