Looking for a quality used fire truck? Selling one? Visit our sponsor Command Fire Apparatus
The video above from Mike Villanova (homer218) shows the collapse of a church steeple early yesterday (Saturday) morning on Summit Avenue in Union City, New Jersey. A deadly residential fire a block away set the steeple on fire. More video below from THEMAJESTIRIUM1, Jeff Stang and radio traffic from ScannerAudio.
The massive fire early that killed a 2-year-old and left his father seriously injured spread to a church steeple across the street and engulfed it in flames.
The fire started around 1 a.m. in a residential building on Summit Avenue and spread to two more residential buildings, according to previous reports.
High winds spread the fire to 1406 and 1408 Summit Ave.
About a half hour later, embers from the fire sparked the church steeple, which eventually collapsed, taking down power lines.