Looking for a quality used fire truck? Selling one? Visit our sponsor Command Fire Apparatus
Arrival video from RonnieB LoveLee taken during a fire Thursday in Newton’s Garage in Lake Ronkonkoma, New York (Suffolk County on Long Island). News reports indicate the owner of the garage burned his hands when he went pick into the building to retrieve some religious relics. Thanks to Glenn Usdin at Command Fire Apparatus for finding this video.
The building, a landmark on busy Portion Road in Lake Ronkonkoma, exploded in flames just after 12:30 p.m. Black billowing smoke could be seen for miles.
The auto body shop appeared to almost detonate due to gasoline and oil within. The fire happened during repair to one of the vehicles inside. Residents stood across the street recording the startling scene.
“We received a call around 12:34 this afternoon for a structure fire, a commercial structure fire. Upon arrival, we had a fully involved auto body shop. The owner of the business was working on a vehicle and had probably accidentally started a fire,” said Ronkonkoma Fire Chief Kevin Murray.